This Sunday School has been of help to me, greater perhaps than any other force in my Christian life, and I can ask no better things for you than that you, and all that shall come after you in this great band of workers for Christ, shall receive the same measure of blessedness which I have been permitted to have.
~John D. Rockefeller
Want to dig deeper in the Bible?
And meet other Jesus seekers on the journey?
Find connection and support for doing life in a small group setting serving all ages and interests in Sunday morning Bible Study!
Dover Baptist believes that education is for everyone. We provide Biblical educational opportunities for children and adults. Our children are educated in age-appropriate groups while adults can choose from a number of different classes, each with a different characteristic to suit your learning style.
Children will grow a love for the stories of the bible in Children’s classes with music, bible lessons and hands on learning.
- Nursery - On Sunday Mornings, our nursery provides a safe, comfortable, and fun place for babies and crawlers under 2 years old. Even at this early age, kids are still learning simple biblical concepts. Parents can feel free to come and visit beforehand or simply arrive on Sunday morning and we’ll be happy to show you where to go.
- Preschoolers - Relate Biblical truth to every moment in a preschooler's life with Bible Studies For Life. Our teachers help our youngest learners apply the Bible to real life through the use of music, review games, Activity Pages, coloring pages, teaching pictures, hands-on activities, videos, and family resources.
- Children – While meeting separately based on age appropriate levels, we are Digging Into the Bible in One Year. Our teachers use DIG IN curriculum designed to create deeper Bible experiences for kids and move kids from knowing about the historical Jesus to knowing him personally. Kids love that the Sunday school lessons are experiential, offering multisensory, educationally sound experiences that immerse kids in learning, rather than teacher talk. Through these Bible lessons for kids children get time to talk and process thoughts and concepts instead of only listening.
- Young Youth (Yo-Yos) - Get grounded in a biblical foundation. The Yo-Yos (younger youth in grades 5,6 and 7) combine games, lessons, and outings fostering lasting connections in a time of transition. We are Digging Into the Bible in One Year using curriculum designed to create deeper Bible experiences and moving kids from knowing about the historical Jesus to knowing him personally.
- Older Youth - Apply the Bible in life with our up and coming youth group (8th grade - high school) through interaction, video, discussion and mission projects.
Adults are invited to plumb the depths of a specific topic or book, discuss topics and find truth through a biblical overview in the Fellowship, Polly Deck, or Veritology classes.
- Fellowship – The Fellowship Class was established with the goal of reaching out to those who were not attending Sunday school. From its beginning it has been a successful multi-generational, co-educational environment where all are welcomed. In a culture starving for truth, God is calling us to do more than read His Word, He is calling us to know it and live it. That's why Explore the Bible provides book-by-book Bible studies to meet the needs of this diverse group. Each session takes participants deep into Scripture, revealing context essential to understanding the text's original intent, and promoting transformation through God's Word in everyday life.
- Polly Deck Class – The Polly Deck Class received its name from a beloved, woman of prayer and long-time member of Dover, Polly Deck. With a variety of teachers, who offer different teaching styles and perspectives, even participants are given the opportunity to share in facilitating class discussion. This class uses the Gospel Project curriculum, an ongoing group Bible study resource that helps participants encounter the Gospel of Jesus Christ on every page of Scripture. This chronological, Christ-centered Bible study turns the Gospel story into a Gospel culture and motivates its participants to mission at home and around the world.
- Veritology - Clearly a made-up word, but one which we hope to one day be posted on Wikipedia: Veritology - the study of Truth. This very lively group of adults seeking to discover God’s Truth through in-depth Bible studies led by members of the class. You never know what might happen in this fun-loving class where members share in discussion and fellowship. There is never a dull moment in this class. You won't want to miss it!
Why should I go Sunday School?
Through adult and children’s Sunday School groups you find connection with Jesus and others.
Geared toward each age group and style of learning you come away with a deeper understanding of the word.
As you meet on Sunday mornings – Sunday School isn’t seasonal like a special bible study or program—you consistently learn how to serve and disciple through the model of your teachers and the testimony of others.
And it’s convenient! —with all classes meeting at 9:45 on Sunday morning, there’s a place for everyone in the family without scheduling an extra night out during the week. (If you do want more however, there are multiple offerings during the week to bolster your faith!)
Sunday School fosters prayer, discovery and relationships that you can’t get through a worship service alone.
There’s always room at the table for one more. Will you take the next step? We need you in Sunday School!